[C320-list] Misc Questions

James C Hunter james.hunter at scbandt.com
Fri Aug 11 07:06:38 PDT 2006

My mate and I also have been plagued with a smelly head vapors given out from the holding tank vent when the head is flushed. We are on the lake now however we started out on salt water. Fresh lake water did not help much with the smell. We use KO from advice of fellow sailors and the people at WEST Marine. I have received a lot of advice on how to stop the smell and none has completely stopped it. I did find that the cap on the end of the holding tank vent was defective and did not vent well if any vapor from the tank. I drilled several holes to open it up. Also the WM info on KO states that the tank has to be well vented for KO to work correctly. From the info on this line I am going directly to WM for the Ordorlos. I am also going to clean the tank as suggested on this line. Thanks for these suggestions.
Jim Hunter

NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material.
Unless you are the intended addressee, any review,
reliance, dissemination, distribution, copying or use
whatsoever of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you received this in error, please reply immediately and
delete the material from all computers. Email sent
through the Internet is NOT secure. Do not use email to
send us confidential information such as credit card
numbers, personal identification numbers, Social
Security numbers, account numbers or other confidential
information.