[C320-list] FW: Re: Questions for Gerry Douglas

Fri Aug 18 12:11:22 PDT 2006

There's a list on these boats?! :)

Thanks Jon!
------Original Message------
From: jonvez
To: catalina
To: Catalina 320 List
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Aug 18, 2006 7:46 AM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] FW: Re:  Questions for Gerry Douglas

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
I really like Jeff's idea of offering up suggestions for future mods.--One
other in that category would be putting a larger fuel tank in (which could
also help with the list--this is where Orlando  hits his auto reply and
asks if there is a list). The new 309 comes with a 27 Gal capacity.....or
is this a mod. that can currently be done given the space that
exists......

Regards,

Jon Vez

From: "Jeffrey Hare" <catalina at thehares.com>

> Hi,
>
> We can always ask.. :)
>
> But we shouldn't be disappointed if he dodges or gives less than useful
> answers to questions about any mfg issues in Largo, marketing directions
> that haven't yet been anounced, etc.. This is typically considered
> proprietary information, and smart businesses hold these cards close to
> their chest.
>
> We'd all like to know (but obviously not *entitled* to know) non-public
> things that their competition can use against them.
>
> Here are a few Questions:
> =========================
>
> * I'd like to hear his side of the issue surrounding the commissioning
of
> Annie's boat for Australia.
>
> * I'd like to know if there's anything that can be done about the Main
> cabin hatch crazing. Many of the boats (especially mine) have bad
crazing
> in the glass around the hinge. Can Catalina get Lewmar to address this?
>
> * Can he provide any recommendations pictures/etc. on rigging the single
> line reefing system? Seems that dealers are pretty much left to hose
this
> up on their own and bomb the list with questions on how it's supposed to
> work. (Myself included) Obviously this has been a heavily discussed
topic,
> but rarely commented on by Catalina as far as I know.
>
> * The Largo factory seems to use regular tubing and hose clamps whereas
the
> CA factory uses PEX and whale fittings for water system. Are the newer
> C320s going to stop using PEX now?
>

> Perhaps he could comment on Design Change suggesti

------Original Message Truncated------

sender and delete the material from any computer (IM).