[C320-list] raising a bosun's chair

russgm at yahoo.com russgm at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 19:14:13 PDT 2006

Ok, I an picture that, I send it to the Windlass, and rap it a few times, but what "Secures" it??  just another's hands?  The advantage I see about using the Cockpit is you have the clutches and the sail tailing winch, which both act as "preventers" so to speak.  WHat do you do about this?
russ

Stan <ola7442000 at gmail.com> wrote: Russ,

The main halyard is run down the mast internally.  At the bottom of the mast
it passes through a block and continues to the cockpit,  By "reversing " the
halyard I mean to direct the main forward to the windlass by reversing the
direction it passes through the block.

Stan
"Our Little Amusement" #744