[C320-list] Commodore for C-320

Fri Aug 25 07:29:55 PDT 2006

The surprising part is that even after you had met everyone in Chicago,
you continued going to other Regattas! :)
------Original Message------
From: Bill Culbertson
To: Bill Culbertson
To: Catalina 320 List
To: Adam Weiner
ReplyTo: Bill Culbertson
ReplyTo: Catalina 320 List
Sent: Aug 24, 2006 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Commodore for C-320

[Sent by: c320-list-bounces at catalina320.com ]
Two other thoughts about this.

1) Is the history of regatta location/hosts and Commodores archived
somewhere?

2) It seems to me that the roving regatta location technique picks up
locals each year.  Folks who've not attended before but attend "this year"
because it is close by.  Once they attend, they are usually hooked.  It
certainly happened to me for the Chicago regatta.  I would never have
seriously considered flying out west the year before for something I'd
never seen with a bunch of people I didn't know.  But Chicago, hey what
the heck might as well try it out.  That hooked me.

I think the Baltimore regatta similarly picked up a bunch of additional
Chesapeake sailors who have become very loyal converts/attendees since
that event including BruceS as Commodore.  So moving it around seems to be
good.  I've never heard of any previous one held in Florida so PeterC's
lead sounds very interesting in that regard.

-bill