[C320-list] Forums vs. email-list (was thongs.. :)

K L sfca33 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 27 08:38:43 PDT 2006

I agree, I would much prefer that the group use the forum approach. Even if
you filter or set up a separate email address, you still have to wade
through many messages that are of no interest and you still have to mark the
ones you want to delete. Many of these messages are really personal
communication between two people that get forwarded to the whole group. My
final point is that with the email approach, knowledge gets lost. Someone
takes a fair amount of time to write an informative email but that
information is not saved for future subscribers to the list.

I am currently using the McAfee forum to resolve a software issue and I love
the way it works. Knowledge is preserved in threads that future readers
search and I get an email to alert me to the fact that someone has posted a
response to my posting. Very efficient.

Ken Danko
#802, Grace
San Francisco