[C320-list] Commodore for C-320

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 09:35:45 PDT 2006

Bill,  I think Orlando and Linda, Linda Loux or Denny
and Pat Eichberg and The Frezelles (sic) or (John and
Lois Estes, Catalina 380 if they are still checking on
us)) may be the best historians on this fleet.  The
Association was formed in San Francisco in ? by John
and Lois Estes, Roger and Mona Elliott, Art and Mary
Jane Viat and probably several others.

John Estes was the first Commodore, I believe, Roger
the first Vice Commodore and Lois was first Secretary-
Treasurer.  The first two or three regattas were in
San Francisco at Alameda, (Oakland)and San Francisco
YC in Tiberon. Then Seattle (Linda Loux), Stamford, CT
(David and Naomi Issaacs), San Diego (Dick and Jauhree
Walker), Chicago, ( Jan Byrd and Linda Sadlowski),
Baltimore (The Revaks and Stumpps), Marina Del Rey
(Orlando and Linda), Newport (Bruce and Norma Stumpp)

Other Commodores were Roger Elliott, Linda Loux,
Orlando (2xs?) David Issaacs, Wes Giles, Bruce and
Russ.  I know I am probably forgetting someone or
place.  Maybe we should make Orlando and Linda
official historians to keep them connected.  They will
no doubt be looking for something to do on the
Blackberry on some of those slow Pacific days.

Lastly I agree on San Francisco in 2008. Maybe Adam
can fill us in on all the good reasons why we should.
Fleet members have been most fortunate to be able to
sail on 320s in most of the ten best sailing areas in
the US (Sailing Magazine) I believe Galveston and
Florida are still left.

Pat