[C320-list] Winter Plumbing Projects

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Sat Dec 2 11:11:17 PST 2006

This looks like a great way to control the water pump without adding an
accumulator .  Check out:
http://www.jabsco.com/prodInfoApp/servlet/ListTypes?categoryId=JVSDC&company
Id=JABSCO&catalogId=Marine

I may install this controller and a new faucet recommended by  Ray for my
winter projects:

"I upgraded my 320 galley faucet today with what appears to be the same one
now used on the MKII.

I checked out the Moen web site, and it looks like model 67315 is what
Catalina is now using.  After searching the web, I found out that Lowes
Hardware carried that model, so I went to the store to check it out.  They
only had the model 87315, but it looked identical to what I had seen on the
web and looks just like the one in the 320 galley photograph on our web
site.  I purchased it for about $80.

I spent the afternoon on the project - most of the time was spent shopping
for the faucet and the water hoses that I had to purchase.  After removing
the drawers and cabinet below the sink (5 screws), I disconnected the two
water feed hoses, and used a basin wrench (~$20) to remove the original
faucet.  A pair of channel lock pliers probably would have worked too, but
the basin wrench really made it easy.  Actual work time was probably only
around an hour.

I bought two 12-inch water feed hoses with a 3/8 fitting on one side, and
1/2 on the other.  The original hoses had 3/8 fittings on both ends - the
new faucet has 1/2 inch fittings.

It looks and works great!

Ray Durand, Bellezza #822"

Cheers,