[C320-list] Garhauer Boom Vang

Nigel Price nigel.price at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 26 03:27:03 PST 2006

To all those owners with an in-mast self-furling mainsail and an adjustable boom vang...............help!
I am in the process of replacing a fixed vang with a Garhauer adjustable vang. Question is, where to position the fixture on the boom, as even fully compressed, the Garhauer is longer? Can anyone tell me a; the distance from the mast end of the boom to the bolt hole in the boom fixture and b; what happens if the vang control is released? does the boom sky, or does it settle at the magic 87 degrees to facilitate easy rewind of the sail? Any other relevant advice will be appreciated as well.
Thanks all.
Nigel

Epiphany #1061
Sydney