[C320-list] Leaving the 320 list

Delia Mace domace at picknowl.com.au
Sun Dec 10 14:28:21 PST 2006

Well, for what it is worth, here in Adelaide, Australia, I haul out twice a
year (not too expensive) and wash down the hull.  Once a year, I sand the
anti-foul and re-paint with one or two coats.  I also replace the single
zinc anode (as we call them) on the prop shaft which is usually about half
gone.  The zinc anode is about 5 cm (2") long and 5 cm diameter.

The marina requires that any boat permanently plugged into mains power must
have a galvanic isolation device on board and the policy appears to be
working, judging by this discussion.

Of course, the stray current (which causes electrolysis of the sacrificial
zinc anodes) at Marina del Rey may not come from other boats: there may be
other sources nearby.

Owen Mace
#727, Baloo
Adelaide, South Australia