[C320-list] Preventer

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri Dec 15 11:25:28 PST 2006

No, I only leave them attached when running, because it takes me literally 2
minutes to walk the line up and tie it on.

There's another option that would be even faster to rig:
* Tie a Snap Shackle to the boom end of the preventer line that you can just
clip/unclip it to the boom.
* Put a Schaefer "T-Track Eye-Slider" on each upper genoa car (the ones with
a simple U-shaped loop.
* Attach one of those really cool new Garhauer snatch blocks to each T-Track
slider and you can rig it in a flash without needing to feed a line through
the spare genoa car like I do.

I have to confess, I've been jonesing after a pair of those new Garhauer
snatch blocks ever since Mark unveiled them at the Coronado regatta. :)

-J