[C320-list] Zodiac

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Wed Dec 20 10:20:36 PST 2006

Guys,

I like the fact that the hi-pressure floor is easier to install but I'm not sure that it amounts to a major factor unless you are doing long distance cruising and need to store the dink on deck. My current thinking is that I would inflate the dink on the dock at the beginning of the season and leave it inflated 'til haul out. It seems unlikely that I would sail in such huge seas that I couldn't tow the dink and needed deflate it.

Last season I traveled 400 miles 2 guys who towed 8' zodiacs behind their boats. We encountered 6 footers and 25-30 knot winds for about 8 hours. They just pulled the bow of the dink up onto the swim platform. No need to deflate it.

Is the hi-pressure floor durable and as stable to step onto as the plywood? Can I pull the engine off the transom and set it down on the floor while I get into position to move onto the swim platform, etc?

Jeff