[C320-list] Comments on older C320 "floors"

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 30 16:17:15 PST 2006

Peter, I had a little discoloration around screw holes; but, compared to other areas damaged by mildew it was light.  Except for all but the worse of the mildew stains, I was able to bleach out most of it.  The finish I used helped to diminish the color differences in such areas.  Yes, I was very careful to not over sand the veneer.  Yet, I had some areas that were delaminated and the veneer was heaved up and cracked.  I was able to repair and reglue these areas to my satisfaction.  After all, it is only a floor and 13 yrs old at that.  Still, it looks great, now.

If you want some pictures and copy of the article I wrote, not yet posted on the 320 website, let me know and I'll e-mail to you directly.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay