[C320-list] Comments on older C320 "floors"

Peter Clancy SAILORPETE at msn.com
Sat Dec 30 19:27:08 PST 2006

Thanks, your apparently good results are encouraging. Would appreciate it if you'd email the article directly to me at SAILORPETE at msn.com<mailto:SAILORPETE at msn.com>.

Peter Clancy
AROBAN  C320  #222
Miami, FL

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Warren Updike<mailto:wupdike at hotmail.com>
  To: c320-list at catalina320.com<mailto:c320-list at catalina320.com>
  Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 7:17 PM
  Subject: Re: [C320-list] Comments on older C320 "floors"

  Peter, I had a little discoloration around screw holes; but, compared to other areas damaged by mildew it was light.  Except for all but the worse of the mildew stains, I was able to bleach out most of it.  The finish I used helped to diminish the color differences in such areas.  Yes, I was very careful to not over sand the veneer.  Yet, I had some areas that were delaminated and the veneer was heaved up and cracked.  I was able to repair and reglue these areas to my satisfaction.  After all, it is only a floor and 13 yrs old at that.  Still, it looks great, now.

  If you want some pictures and copy of the article I wrote, not yet posted on the 320 website, let me know and I'll e-mail to you directly.

  Warren & Pattie Updike
  C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
  Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
  Chesapeake Bay