[C320-list] Engine Mounts

Thomas Bowman tadbowman at optonline.net
Fri Feb 24 09:39:01 PST 2006

I'm being told by my yard that my engine mounts need to be replaced. We are
going into our eighth season this year. I was told they need to be replaced
every 3 to 5 years, yet I have never heard the topic discussed on the list
which I have been following for seven years, nor have any of my fellow 320
owners in the area had this issue. I am suspicious that my mechanic has gone
to the "dark side" Has anyone on the list had this issue? Also does anyone
have any idea of the cost? The mounts themselves appear to cost $125.00 each
X 4='s $500; labor $85.00/hour X 8 ='s $680.00. Not an insignificant repair
!!!

I would very much appreciate anyone's experience with engine mounts.

Best,

Tom

Snow Goose #644