[C320-list] Steering Wheel

David Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Sat Feb 4 17:24:08 PST 2006

Anne:

Proud Mary has 1 &1/2 turns.

I think if you go into the aft area where the rudder quadrant is located,
and have someone turn the wheel from stop to stop, you will see how many
degrees the rudder is deflected.  I am thinking there are stops on the
quadrant that limit how far you can turn it.  The number of turns from
stop to stop is dependant on the radius of the quadrant.  The smaller the
radius, the fewer turns you have.  The larger the quadrant, the more
turns it takes from stop to stop.  I would imagine that with a smaller
quadrant you can turn the rudder through a greater arc, more degrees.
The larger the radius, the fewer degrees it will turn before it hits the
stops.  If you wish to change the number of turns, I am sure Edson has
all sizes available.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150