[C320-list] Steering Wheel

P.A.Ogilvie pao747 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 6 04:46:05 PST 2006

Hi Annie.......... Nice to meet you at the Catalina Xmas cruise!! Our new
Cat 320 "Rindercella" (a long 'Spoonerism' story) , has only 1 turn full
lock also, so maybe that's the gearing on these later models?? Certainly
different to our Cat 28Mk2. How much lateral play should the rudder stock
have when in a sea, or moving the wheel left and right? Should any movement
or noise be heard?? (Viewed through the emerg tiller access port).
        Does anybody have any information on the weather helm of 320's when
reaching?? Our dealer/salesman in Australia indicated the 310 and 320 have a
bit more helm than others?? Any comments?? Does the mast rake have any
effect, or simply the sail quality as per previous notes.
Phillip Ogilvie
Hull #1064