[C320-list] water pump

Koen Bennebroek vergaar2004-catalina at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 15:31:28 PST 2006

Since we (and the rest of our Marina) have been cursing our loud water pump for a while now, we finally decided to just replace it. From a thread in the forum archives I found that a Variable Speed is recommended. Our local West Marine has one from Jabsco, all the Shurflo's they have are fixed speed. Does it make a big difference in noise? Also, to save an extra trip up to the boat, does anyone know what kind of clearance we have for such pump (I had no idea there were so many variations)? Anything else we should keep in mind? Our baby is a 1995, hull 224.

  Thanks for any insights!

  -Koen

  PS: we just took Basic Cruising on a brand-new Hunter 31. That boat had a lot of awkward quircks, like winches in impossible to reach locations, super-swepped-back spreaders to make up for the fact that there was no back-stay and the interior just seemed cramped. Love our 320!