[C320-list] 4D Battery Replacement Advice AGMs

JimC320 at aol.com JimC320 at aol.com
Mon Jan 9 14:50:38 PST 2006

Joe,

I just replaced my original 4D Exide wet cells that came with the boat last
year, At the time that they were replaced they were in there Eleventh year and
 still working. They were never charged over the winter and remained on the
boat (Nov. thru March, I am in the NE too). I went with the AGM as the
replacement for better usable cappacity and not having to add water. According  to
the MFG they can be charged just like the wet cell (ie wet cell settings.) I
replaced the stock charger with a TRucharge multi stage charger wich I belive
helped extended the life of the original batteries.

Jim
ellusive 2, 209

In a message dated 1/9/2006 3:58:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,