[C320-list] (no subject)

belairlk at aim.com belairlk at aim.com
Tue Jan 10 15:40:08 PST 2006

My boat has stock 3-blade 15 x 11 prop.  Think we've finally come to the right conclusion re correct size of Gori 3-blade folding prop, per below email received today:

"Len,

Thanks for the excellent information.  I have been able to go back in history & pull up both customers propeller information.
Both Ray & Jeff did sea trial data sheets.  You can not beat an actual sea trial data results for sizing of the correct prop.
The 3YM30 has 2hp more & with the 2.62:1 gearbox ratio, which is slower turning, & using the actual feed back sea trial data we would recommend the 15 x 12 x 3RH for your Catalina 320.
This will give the added rpm (300rpm) that they spoke about with the smaller diameter & also give more tip clearance.
I again offer you the boat show special pricing for the 3-blade 15" x 12 x RH to suit a 1.00" shaft @ $1989.00 + freight.

Sincerely,
Geoff Prior
AB Marine, Inc
Tel: 401.847.7960
Autoprop - Gori folding propeller - Magnum Energy Inverter/Charger - Shaft Shark line & weed cutter"

(Freight is $45. The above price includes front & rear zincs.)

Len
Aqua5  #1070