[C320-list] New Genoa

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 15:40:48 PST 2006

I'm buying a new genoa and I have a question for those of you who haven't hauled for the season or might have a better memory than I have.

With the standard Catalina 150%, how high is the clew off the deck when close hauled? I vaguely picture it at about the same height as the top lifeline which I think is 24" off the deck.

Also, If you have a newer aftermarket genoa, is it a 150% or 155%? My original is marked 150% on the sail bag. The sailmaker is recommending a 155% with a clew that is about 18" off the deck.

Thanks.

JeffC