[C320-list] Anchoring

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Thu Jan 5 04:56:22 PST 2006

Russ,
   I used a plastic coated 15lb mushroom for years with my rope rode
and Bruce 33. I used a 100' or more of cheap line (just for retrieval)
to tie a 5" 'genius clip' to the stem of the mushroom. I just jiggled it
down the rode after setting. Now I actually  have 3 of them in case it's
a "Three Dog/sentinel Night" to put close to 100lbs down at the anchor
area where it will do the most good. The Bruce is great at resetting
itself even in 180 degree wind shifts and some extra weight down there
makes it even better.  I'm not a fan of all chain unless needed for rock
or coral abrasion.
Stan
(formerly) Christy Leigh
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> russgm at yahoo.com 01/04/06 4:32 PM >>>
I just got a kellet, anyone use this too?  anyone with any tips on
use?
  russ monaco
  commodre C320IA