[C320-list] Transmission ratio

Steven Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 12:03:41 PST 2006

I have hull # 909, so I'm just a few boats older than you with the same
engine.  It is unlikely that our trannys are any different.  I have
been running the Gori 16.5 x 11, 2 blade folding prop under her since
she was born (well, not exactly, but the first time I saw her (about 2
days after she was delivered to the dealer (Sail Place)), she had that
prop).  With this prop, I have no problems reaching hull speed at about
2800 RPM, reach a maximum engine speed of about 3100 RPM, and don't put
out any black smoke (indicative of overloading the engine) unless I
suddenly goose the throttle from a dead stop.

As for the location of the rating plate on the tranny, I don't know,
although from previous posts, it seems to be on the top, and readable
with somelight and a magnifying glass (and probably a little
immagination).

I'll be at Strictly Sail on Saturday, Feb. 4, so perhaps we'll run into
each other there.

Steve and Janet
Alchemist #909