[C320-list] 4D Battery Replacement Advice AGMs

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Mon Jan 9 14:47:35 PST 2006

I am not so sure Dave.  Note this from Xantrex about their product.  I have
the Truecharge 20 on Windwalker and it has been great the past 6 years.
Never frys the batteries like the OEM charger and allows mw to charge by 2
4D's and the G-27 starter battery independantally.  Note the table for
charging voltages below:

Description

High Performance, Multistage Charging

Truecharge multistage battery chargers are microprocessor controlled for
fast and accurate charging of all deep-cycle 'house' batteries. A wide AC
input voltage range enables proper delivery of a full three-stage charge,
even when charging from less than perfect quality shorepower or generator
power. Smart features, such as adjustable temperature compensation and
independent settings prevent battery damage due to overcharging and also
help extend the life of expensive batteries. All Truecharge battery chargers
come with a one year warranty.

Truecharge 20+/40+

20 and 40 amp output
Microprocessor controlled, multistage charging
Charges up to three battery banks simultaneously
Independent settings for AGM, flooded or gel lead-acid batteries
Wide voltage range operation (90-135 VAC, 50/60 Hz)
Automatic 21-day top-up program
Durable and corrosion resistant chassis
Optional remote LED panel to indicate battery and charge status
Optional battery temperature sensor

Absorption voltage Hot Warm Cold
Flooded 14.0 14.4 14.8 VDC
Gel 13.8 14.2 14.6 VDC