[C320-list] Autohelm

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 09:24:51 PST 2006

Mine was a 1998 model and it had nylon gears. Repairs were too expensive to
bother with. A new drive unit and a rudder transducer would have cost $675.
The better value was a new ST4000+ Mk2 kit for $785 including the rudder
transducer. The RayMarine below deck pilot costs over $2500. Someone
mentioned the B&G autopilot. It costs around $4000. The ST4000 seems to be
the only reasonable alternative for coastal use. If you were real paranoid
you could buy a spare and still be ahead on cost.

Hopefully the rudder trans will make it track much better.

JeffC