[C320-list] Changing from regular mast to a furling mast

Bochniak, Dan J. DJBochni at SCJ.COM
Mon Jan 16 12:01:14 PST 2006

Charleston spars also told me they have a system that furls the sail
outside the mast. They said sold many of these and most are happy with
it. It can be taken off if the boat is sold to someone who doesn't want
it. Obviously a new sail needed

-----Original Message-----
From: C320-List-bounces at catalina320.com
[mailto:C320-List-bounces at catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Richard A.
Walker
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 3:27 PM
To: 'C320-List'
Subject: RE: [C320-list] Changing from regular mast to a furling mast

I do not the cost.   We purchased WindWalker with the in-mast furling
via
Charleston Spars.  We love it, my 1st. mate and I can get underway in a
few
minutes.  It has the added advantage of being a loose-footed sail.
Going
down wind we let it out.

In the 2001 regatta we seemed not to point as well as other boats but
really
held our own downwind.

Cheers,

Dick Walker