[C320-list] Navstation forward wood panel removal?

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 22 18:49:27 PST 2006

I don't recall this ever coming up on the list before which surprises me given all the stuff that we ask & talk about.  How is the forward-most of the wood panels that hold Navstation instruments mounted?

  My aft panel is full and I'm putting another instrument in.  When we bought the boat, the dealer installed the stereo in the top of that forward panel.  Since then, everything that I've put in has been in the aft panel.  That one comes off simply with four corner screws.  If the stereo weren't obscuring the view, I'd could better tell how the forward panel is held in place.

  It "looks" like it might be held by a corner piece.  If so, then the top-most screw of that corner piece is completely inaccessible to me now b/c it's sandwiched between the stereo and the end panel.  I'm really wondering how the got that flush-mount stereo in at this point.

  Thanks in advance for any light anyone can share.

   -bill culbertson
    Harmony #859