[C320-list] Navstation forward wood panel removal?

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 03:44:37 PST 2006

This is how the panels come off on Sea Shadow, #808.

There are 2 panels, one forward and one aft.  On the aft panel, remove the 4
corner screws.  The panel should drop out.  This panel screws into a
vertical wood strip on the aft side, horizontal strip on the topside, and to
a vertical wood strip shared with the forward panel.

On the topside wood strip, about what would be about half-way across the aft
panel, there should be a wood screw with the screw head pointing towards the
water and the pointed end towards the sky.  Remove this screw.

At this point, this horizontal topside wood strip should rotate a bit.
Assuming that it will rotate, this means that there is only one more screw
holding this wood strip in.

The second screw holding this wood strip in should be located about 1-2
inches forward of the shared vertical wood strip.  It is a tight fit but you
should be able to get your Phillips screwdriver on this screw.  Remove this
screw and the forward panel should be able to be wiggled out.  Note that the
forward panel is only attached to this topside wood strip and to the shared
wood strip between the 2 panels.

If you need to completely remove the forward panel from the strips, that
should be easy once you have wiggled the forward panel out of the hole.  The
only concern I would have is if there are 3 screws on the topside wood strip
but I doubt that there is as to do so would be very difficult for whoever
originally installed the panels.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808