[C320-list] New Genoa

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 22:14:42 PST 2006

Dave,

Even with the OEM sail, when I tack to a close hauled point of sail I need
to skirt the jib. As to losing visibility under the jib, I'll accept some of
that, but I'm not really considering a deck sweeper. I used that as an
example of the compromises that you make when deciding these issues. I'm
looking at a clew height anywhere from the sailmaker's recommended 18" to
whatever the OEM sail has, which I am not sure of at this point, maybe 24 to
26". How high is your clew (approx) when close hauled? I'd like to be able
to tell the sailmaker that the clew is X now, and he can lower it a little
from there.

Jeff