[C320-list] New Genoa

Fri Jan 27 07:28:53 PST 2006

Jon,

You're correct, the credit is extremely miserly....

The difference in overall performance after the new sails was amazing--I changed both genoa and main at the same time (both from UK Sails)

cuba libre 2
--------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: C320-List-bounces
Sent: 01/27/2006 06:09 AM
To: C320-List <C320-List at catalina320.org>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] New Genoa

I also agree. I took this approach starting last fall. I ordered my new jib and will replace my main after this sailing season. Are the original catalina sails in good shape? According to two sail lofts they are in great shape. When I was told that I wouldn't believe the difference in overall sailing characteristics (pointing higher, significantly reducing rounding up etc) with quality sails (I happened to go with North) I can say the difference is astounding....

Orlando, you're probably doing the wise thing with your new boat because my understanding is the 'credit' Catalina gives for ordering without sails is pretty measly.....

Regards,

Jon Vez

From: "Jeff Church" <jjemail at comcast.net>

!!- Archives Here: http://www.catalina320.org/list/archives