[C320-list] water system hose clamps

Koen Bennebroek vergaar2004-catalina at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 11:20:52 PST 2006

hi Jeff,

  we have hull number 224, a 1995. It originally came from Texas, but has been sailing the SF bay for the last 4 years, including 1 year with us. I should probably include the hull number in my further correspondence since there have been so many (small) alterations to these boats.

  After enjoying the boat mainly for the past year, I'm starting to dig in a bit and fix some things we don't like about it, like the loud pump and the fact that we have water in the bilge (most likely from the stuffing box, which I repacked, but probably did not do well). The bilge water is mainly an issue because we have the shallow bilge, so during (not even that excessive) heel, water comes up into the cabin.

  In general, we love the boat. One major advantage of this boat is this list!

  -Koen
  (Big Cat, #224)

Jeff Church <jjemail at comcast.net> wrote:
  Koen,

The adjustment screw determines the switch-on pressure for the pump. Yours
might be adjusted a little high. You want the pressure to be able to bleed
down a little before the pump cycles. There are arrows on the pump around
the screw that indicate which way to turn it.

On my boat, 1998 #545, the pump is located under the aft cabin, so I am not
familiar with removing the pump from under the galley. What hull number do
you have? I was aware that the pump was located under the galley on some
boats, but I don't know whether they were earlier or later production
numbers.

Jeff