[C320-list] Transmission Cable Problem

Detrick, David (GE Comm Fin) David.Detrick at ge.com
Sun Jul 2 22:53:03 PDT 2006

Need a favor. If you own a C-320 with a hull number higher than 1005,
could you check the pin that links the remote control cable to the
transmission shifter lever.

My pin was frozen in and apparently was the wrong size (maybe due to the
switch to the new 3YM30 engine and a new transmission) as we had to
drill a hole in it and punch it out. The only reason it had been
shifting was that the cable lock nut had been backed off about two
inches. We bought an identical size pin and still had to ream out the
hole on the lever to make it work properly. There was no rust or
corrosion on the pin or lever.

Not sure if this is a warranty item, and wanted to see if anyone else
had the problem. My prop was also the wrong pitch for the new engine.
Write me and I can give you more details on that.

Thanks.