[C320-list] midship Cleats

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 21:10:22 PDT 2006

Bruce,

Check out my album on the C320 site for pictures of the midship cleats that
I installed. I think I used 6" cleats that I purchased at West. The 6" cleat
works well, but I'd suggest using an 8" cleat if you can find one that has a
base which isn't wider than the rail. The recess on the underside of the
rail is too narrow for a plate, but you can use washers instead because the
fiberglass at the rail is very strong (over an inch thick). You will have to
remove the insides of the cabinet above the dry locker in the galley and
some of the interior pieces above the medicine cabinet in the head. You
won't be able to get a hand into the recess, but if you tape the nut and
washers to an open end wrench you can slide that up into the recess to meet
the bolt. If you drop the nut it will forever rattle around between the
liner and hull, so stuff some rags under the area where you are working.

If this sounds a little too tricky, you might first try using a cleat on the
jib track and see if you are satisfied with that.

Jeff