[C320-list] Starting Battery Question

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 09:30:00 PDT 2006

Warren,

You may be correct. I may have misunderstood the question.....I thought the question pertained to how to charge both sets of batteries with one charging source and didn't realize CRA meant combining the 2 batteries (using BOTH).....

 I do use a combiner just as you suggest. I actually used it at the Battery switch and simply combined "1" and "2" via the terminals on the back of the 1/2/Both--With this setup, by batteries (starter and parallel house) get charged via the alternator regardless of whether the battery poisiton is in 1 or 2 when motoring (Setting to Both has the same effect obviously). When on Shore Power, I have never had any problem--My combiner is rated for 50a and my shore power charger is a xantrex T20.

From: "Warren Updike" <wupdike at hotmail.com>