[C320-list] Ok my turn to feel stupid.

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:39:08 PDT 2006

David, here on the Chesapeake Bay we have a saying that there are only two kinds of sailors: Those who have gone aground, and those who will go aground.  Our anchorages are usually at 6-10ft. of water.  Of course, our tides rarely vary as much as 2ft, so once hooked, we don't usually find ourselves on the ground.  Mostly, it's getting in and out of the creek where we hit.

Most of us have the unlimited towing insurance.  My one tow was $900+.  Typical is in the $400 to $600 range.

Hope that makes you feel better.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River