[C320-list] Hot water tank

Quentin Murphy qmurphy at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 19 08:58:25 PDT 2006

I purchased my boat last September and the smell from the hot water was so bad I had to air our the boat before I could go below.  I flushed out the water many, many times then.  Over the winter, I did not put any antifreeze in the hot water tank , but blew out any water that sits in the bottom of that tank.  This April, I flushed out the antifreeze I put in the two water tanks two times then added water with breach and replaced it with regular water.  This year, there is still a little bit of the smell from time to time, but nothing like last year.  I fill the both water tanks about once a every ten days, so the water through the system would be changed on a average of every two-weeks, other any when on the boat for long-weekends and vacation.  I'm curious where that smell comes from.  I don't drink any water from the boat, only use it for brushing teeth.

Quentin Murphy
Celtic Knot #667