[C320-list] Hot water tank

BAdams3491 at aol.com BAdams3491 at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 10:58:21 PDT 2006

You need to bypass the hot water tank when winterizing.  I do  this by
getting all the water out of the tank...by draining and pumping.   Then detach the
"cold in" line to the tank and detach the "hot out"  line.  Join these two ends
with a small piece of hose  (be sure to clamp them tightly).  Now when you
pump the pink stuff  through the lines, it will not go in the tank...avoiding
wasting all the pink  stuff and the associated odors.

You can buy a hot water bypass kit that will do what I've explained
above...I just have not bothered.

Bert
At Ease