[C320-list] Refrig

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:51:46 PDT 2006

Freon has not been used as a refrigerant for more than a decade.  Since the demise of freon, at least 3 other gases have been used.  I contacted he manufacturer of my 1994 Cold Machine and was told that my refrigerant is R-12.  MP-39 and Genatron (sp.?) are others.  There could be more types.

Be sure to get the model and serial no. of your unit and call the mfgr. to determine the type of refrigerant and pressure on the low side of the unit (whatever that means - I'm no HVAC guy.)

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay