[C320-list] OFFICEBEARERS AND NEW BOATS

Sun Jul 23 20:24:19 PDT 2006

I can see why NSW authorities would be so cautious since in either the Sydney-Hobart or the Americas' Cup, Aussie boats keep cracking in half and sinking..... :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Cox" [scox at timmin.com]
Sent: 07/23/2006 06:41 PM
To: "'C320-List'" <c320-list at catalina320.org>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] OFFICEBEARERS AND NEW BOATS

One of the things the NSW authorities do is electronically measure the
thickness of the fibreglass at various points.  I have a friend whose boat
was being built to survey in NSW and the inspector required additional
material to be added at some crucial points where the builder didn't quite
get it right.  Fortunately this was checked during the build and could be
corrected easily.  Makes you wonder about the builder though.

Stephen Cox
Canberra

> I find it interesting that Annie's NSW authorities and her
> NA/surveyor were less than pleased with the layup schedule on
> her 320 yet Alec sails his (same schedule mind you) in some
> of the worst conditions any 320 owner will ever see and he
> gets there a bit tired, chilly and perhaps a little wet but
> gets there safely and with his 320 all in one piece! :)

sender and delete the material from any computer (IM).