[C320-list] Dutchman System help...

Tim chillinonahd at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 20:01:55 PDT 2006

Well, so far you have been so helpful and entertaining as well. Thanks.

  My C320, hull # 603 has a dutchman type B with a topping lift. Sometimes I have trouble getting the mainsail taunt and I suspect it has to do with how I am raising the sail or lack of experience or both.

  When the sail is down the dutchman is loosened to allow the sail cover to be installed. Before raising the sail, I adjust (tighten) the dutchman and slack the single line reefing. Is this the correct procedure ? Did I miss a step ?

  Help...thanks !!!