[C320-list] Transmission Problems--Hull numbers 1000 and higher

Detrick, David (GE Comm Fin) David.Detrick at ge.com
Tue Jun 27 12:30:39 PDT 2006

Regarding the 3YM30 Yanmar Engine and its transmission

The pin that links the end of the throttle cable to the transmission
gear shift lever, was frozen. It has always taken more than  little
pressure to move the shift lever in the cockpit and the cable finally
snapped. It was bending to accommodate the frozen pin, and broke I guess
from constant bending at around the same point.

Have any of you had a frozen pin or still shifting problems on your
C320's? We had to punch out the pin, and the one purchased (same as the
one punched out) did not fit the hole and we had to ream it out to make
it function properly.