[C320-list] Water in Bilge and Keel Bolts

David Cardoza dave at avaloncon.com
Thu Jun 1 06:44:52 PDT 2006

I used to have a similar problem.  It turned out that if the water heater
came up to hear (Usually from the motor) and the water pressure pump was on
I would loose most of my fresh water through the pressure relief valve on
the water heater (easily spotted through the small door on the back side of
the sink where you access the thru hull.  If this is the problem you can not
just replace it with one from home depot because they are designed to
release at a lower temp than the engine will heat the water to.  You will
need to get one from seaward I think it had a 190degFar release.

Another problem I had when I first got the boat was that the cap on the
anti-siphon loop in the back of the locker on the deck was loose and would
drip water when the engine ran.  That one took a little longer to find
because the water would drip along the hose into the bilge. Also if you live
in an area where you have to winterize due to freezing check the hose to the
rear deck shower for cracks.

Just a few possibilities that I learned from experience over the past few
years.