[C320-list] Garmin GPS 276C

Martin Raphael mraphael at zhonka.net
Mon Jun 12 18:08:52 PDT 2006

I have used one for a work project (actually the 276C plus from West
Marine).  I am not sure how this model might differ from the one I used.
But I was quite happy with it.  The screen is very clear, with all the
options you would expect for doing navigation chores.  We purchased 2 units,
and the antenna failed on one of them (which West Marine replaced with no
problem).  Although the unit is advertised as waterproof, I found the seal
around the back connects for the USB and dataport are not totally waterproof
and there is a risk of some corrosion around those spots.  They are sealed
with a rubber cover, but the cover does not slip in well, creating a risk
for moisture penetration.  The screen is great for close viewing, but
because it is pretty small you might be frustrated if you have to view it
from any distance.  But other than these issues, I found it very easy to
use, and very easy to read.
I would recommend it if you can accept the smaller screen than other units.
I actually use the 182C on my 320 and find that screen size a bit more easy
on the eyes during cockpit navigation.
Martin Raphael
Rhapsody #108