[C320-list] Single line Dutchman?

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Wed Jun 14 06:36:01 PDT 2006

Jeff:  The continuous loop line is very easy to replace.  It's not
really a continuous loop.  The ends are buried inside one of the black
slider things and are secured by a pair of figure eight knots.  The
second black slider thing is secured to it by a friction fit.  Just
unbolt the halves of the slider things and the whole line comes right out.

On the other hand, I'm puzzled by your description of core popouts.  I
have never had that problem.  Perhaps you are using a line with too
loose a cover.

I'm somewhat skeptical that you could get as good performance without
the loop.  I find it critical to adjust the "clothesline" while sailing
to avoid chafe.

Scott Thompson