[C320-list] Reefer Blanket

Richard A. Walker dickwalker at att.net
Thu Jun 15 15:47:36 PDT 2006

I use a cheep ground cover from a camping store; it is a silver bubble wrap.
It is placed on top of the items in the reefer.  This makes the open space
smaller and reduces the amount to be chilled.  It also added to the seal.

Just fold the "Space Blanket" over until it is the correct size.  On long
trips we make our sandwiches in the mooring and place them on top of the
blanket for collecting later in the day.  Thus we don't need to get into the
entire box.

We also freeze bottles of water and place them in the lowest place in the
refer if we do not need the room.  This also reduces the requirement for the
compressor to run.

All of this really save some amps.

See you at the regatta.....................

Cheers,

Dick Walker
C-320 (687) WindWalker II
740 Olive Ave.