[C320-list] Single line Dutchman?

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Tue Jun 20 07:16:06 PDT 2006

Scott,

I had a 135 made (by North) with a removable rope luff for better shape when furled. This seems to work much better than the foam luff that I've used on other boats. Of course, last season I never had to use the sail reefed, but this past weekend I did. In 26 kts of wind, the sail shape was fantastic and kept the boat on her feet with no rounding up whatsoever. I had the sailmaker put two hash marks at furling points equalling 110 and 95 which is also useful. Although I doubt you will ever get decent shape at 95, it didn't cost anything more so I had them mark it.
I rarely need to reef my main, as I find the boat is more jib driven, so getting a quality jib became a priority for me. I am really happy with the performance under all conditions.
(BTW, anyone interested in a used OEM 135 in great condition contact me offline)

Regards,

Jon Vez

From: Scott Thompson <sthompson at toad.net>