[C320-list] Fw: Water tank inspection cap

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Fri Jun 23 14:07:01 PDT 2006

Allan - here is what you said last year.  Based on your advice I've
tried it and had no leaks:

For 4 years now, I have been living with water in the bilge every time I
fill the water tanks.  Despite up to 12 wraps of the plumbers Teflon
tape on the threads of the clean-outs on the water tanks, nothing has
held the water back.  This weekend I used Hercules Real-Tuff Teflon
Paste Thread Sealant from the local Home Depot and finally, no more
water in the bilge!  The stuff is non-hardening and lubricates so I
think that getting the clean-outs off will be no problem.  Best of all,
it wipes clean.