[C320-list] Fresh water not pumping :-(

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 07:14:45 PDT 2006

First, to set your mind at ease, your pump is OK.  My pressure water
system leaked, and my pump ran dry for about 4 days, so 1 minute or so
of running dry won't even faze it.

Secondly, your pump is under the foot of the aft berth.  As such, the
water tank needs to be almost full to prime the pump (although it
should be self-priming).  In addition, the valve manifold (to select
the water tank to use) is near the pump.  (What a PITA!)  There is a
procedure at the C-320 web site that describes how to move the mainfold
to under the sink cabinet (as was done in earlier and later boats). I
did this, and it was very easy.

Minor leaks in the low pressure side of the plumbing system (no water
leaks out, but air can leak in) make priming difficult, so make sure
that your system is tight.

Steve
Alchemist #909