[C320-list] Autohelm Mk2 Wheeldrive

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 15:31:12 PST 2006

I'm trying to replace my older autohelm with a new unit. I thought this would be a relatively simple project, but it looks like it is going to be a real pain. The newer (gray) wheeldrive has a larger diameter than the old one and it hits the engine instrument pod when it is centered on the wheel (1998 hull #545). If anyone has installed a new wheeldrive on a 320 with the older instrument pod, I'd like to know how it is done. It looks like there is no choice but to remove the pod a relocate it several inches lower on the binnacle post.

Thanks

JeffC