[C320-list] folding props again

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Thu Mar 30 08:49:36 PST 2006

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I can't seem to find the answers in the
older threads on this.  Surprise is 1999 wing keel model, hull 653.  She
has the Yanmar 3GM30F, continuous HP rating 24.1HP at 3400 RPM.  Her
gearbox has 2.21:1 reduction in forward gear.

For cost reasons and to get minimal drag I'm only looking at the Gori
and Martec 2 blade folders.  What pitch and diameter of these props
would be recommended for my boat?  Am I correct that the shaft is 1
inch, standard US taper?

Who has the best deals on these props?  Any reason to prefer Gori to
Martec or vice versa?  I've read good things about both.