[C320-list] Choptank River Bridge in Cambridge, MD

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 10:28:15 PST 2006

We chickened out on the transit opting instead to berth at the Cambridge city docks which are find accomodations.  I was told by the people at the Hyatt Resort Marina that it's a true 50'.  That's at mean higher-high water depending on your chart.  If you go through at other than high tide there probably isn't an issue.  If concerned, go thru under sail at the most heel you can get.  The resort is very nice.  I wouldn't pay $350 for a stay, but it's very nice.  In fact, from the Cambridge city dock, we dingyed to the resort marina, toured the joint, and had lunch.  I'm sure if you had b-suits with you no one would know were you to take a dip in the pools.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay